Animated videos are highly effective for businesses to communicate with an audience, be it internally or externally. These short motion pictures are known for their ability to maintain interest and increase understanding. They are also a wonderful way for businesses to showcase case studies or other business highlights. Here’s all you need to know about how much it’ll cost you in Dubai.
But before we start, here's an example of a Case Study Animated Video
Why should a company consider using animated case studies? This video lasts 2 minutes and 44 seconds, which is longer in length than most videos of this nature. But in comparison, successfully tells the same story as a 80 slide powerpoint presentation!
Animated video production - A background
There are different kinds of animated videos. Whiteboard animations involve a white board and a hand that illustrates throughout the video. This is seen as the more basic form and generally cheaper. The other kind is live action animations which are 2D or 3D graphics and hence more expensive. These are the steps involved in animated video production:
- Storyboard: Developing the storyline. It all begins with the message you want to convey and how you’d like to tell the story. The visuals can take inspiration from your business’s brand identity and characterisation that fits your target audience. Once the details are decided upon, the storytelling and sequencing is drawn up.
- Script: This refers to spoken (voice overs) and written word (captions) - unless you opt for a musical soundtrack or no sound at all. Either way, the communication of your message needs to be clear, concise and engaging.
- Illustration: Based on the story and script, the illustrations will be designed by an illustrator.
- Animation: Animation is the process of bringing the illustrations with movement. They are transformed using software into motion graphics.
- Sound: Depending on the sound chosen for the video, the actual sound bytes will be recorded, edited and added into the video. Considerations include royalty free music clips and the casting for voice overs (you can decide on the gender, age and language that will best convey your story).
- Editing: Once the visuals and the sound are wrapped up, the video will go through further rounds of editing. One of the benefits of animated videos is that they can easily be re-edited in future if need be.
The Cost of Animated Videos in Dubai
Working with an agency will put you in touch with all of the expertise needed to create outstanding animated videos. The packages offered are often all inclusive, covering all aspects of the development of your video content. Packages vary widely, beginning with basic offers that progress to advanced offers. These are the kinds of pricing you expect to pay:
- AED 13,000 for 60 seconds
- AED 4,000 per additional minute
The costs above are entry level for a basic animated video. You should expect additional costs to be involved for extras, such as:
- Animated logos and titles
- Sound effects
- A branded and owned jingle
- SEO worked into the content
- 3D animation
- The amount of revisions you get
- The delivery time of the video (which is usually around 3 weeks)
What’s the hype?
Animations are illustrations created with tools, either by hand or computer. Specialised skills of animators are required to create and produce these clips. Before their work begins, there are many other pre production stages, including conceptualisation and scripting.
With these videos, you can create characters that are well liked and relatable by your audience. These clips can help people to learn about concepts in an effective manner and to engage with the content visually.
Businesses share these videos online, either on their website or social media platforms when directed at customers. They are also an extremely popular option for internal communication through intranet websites for onboarding and training purposes. Some of the topics you can cover include business or product overviews, the introduction of new products, offers or branding, explainers for conceptual ideas, tutorials as a fun take on demo videos and marketing support.
These are some of the top benefits of animated video content:
- Visibility: There will be news ways that people can consume your content and learn about your brand. They are also engaging, so it increases the amount of time visitors spend viewing your content. If it resonates with audiences, this will also result in the content being shared.
- Connections: Develop better bonds with your audience by providing them with solutions in ways that they will appreciate. These videos are intuitive to the needs of your audience.
- Summarise: The audience will appreciate the fact that you’re valuing their time by providing easy to understand, bite size information that is valued by the audience. Get the message across concisely yet fully with animated videos, without losing any interest along the way.
- Creativity: Bring life to content which could otherwise be seen as boring. This will also create positive perceptions of your brand, thanks to the character.
Animated videos provide businesses with ample opportunity to connect with their audiences. Bring your brand to life with motion graphics to connect and engage more effectively.
Before we go, here's another great example, this time explaining a new service offering:
Looking for an agency to work with for your animated video?
Speak with us at Nexa. We have a team of animators ready to bring your story into motion. Here is an example of what we can do for you...