Social media is one of the most powerful forms of digital marketing at your disposal for Expo 2020. In this article, we’ll be discussing the top strategies you should be implementing to increase your brand’s visibility, establish your brand, and deepen your connection with these online communities.
Social Media Marketing
To make the most of social media marketing, you’ve got to have a strategy in place. This should include specific campaigns for Expo 2020. This will give you direction for the content you need, and a calendar to ensure you’re posting consistently.
This plan of action should also include your budget, advertising plans, and the methods you’re going to be using across the various channels to engage with your audience. Social strategies need to have reach, interaction, and connection at their core.
Cover your bases with these roles and responsibilities:
- Planner: Deciding upon the concepts, ideas, and editorial planning for your marketing campaigns. This should be planned out on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis for Expo 2020, with revisits and adjustments made where necessary. Get specific regarding what your content pillars are, the platforms you’re focusing on, and the frequency at which you’ll be posting. You should also set your goals and relevant KPIs, and determine who your audience(s) are.
- Content Creator: Creating the various types of content to share across social media platforms. Be sure that you tailor the content to the channel and ensure it is high-quality.
- Advertiser: Having a promotional plan is imperative, so be sure to allocate a budget to this, as it will help carry your social media marketing further. Since Expo Dubai 2020 is a highly anticipated and a once in a lifetime event, you’ll want to make the most of it.
- Community Manager: Interacting with audiences in a timely manner to show that you’re responsive, invested and engaged.
- Analyst to measure performance: The marketing team needs to monitor the performance of your campaigns and social media marketing efforts to continually improve and capitalise on opportunities as they arise.
Top Strategies for Expo 2020
Here's a look at some of the top strategy points to include in your social media marketing for Expo 2020:
Your USP needs to be distinctive, since there are many participants in Expo 2020. Once you have clearly defined what yours is, you need to ensure this is communicated throughout your social media marketing. This will increase visibility, create hype and can even instil a sense of brand loyalty.
Get involved in the conversation
You need to clearly communicate the importance of your brand’s involvement in Expo 2020. More than simply showing and sharing your brand, you need to create a strong link that shows that your contribution is valuable. To do this, be sure to share the ways your brand embodies the theme of ‘Connecting minds and creating the future.’ Since you’re there, and social media makes it easy to provide people with live content snippets, be sure to provide glimpses of the Expo itself across your social media channels.
The conversations online
There is a lot of talk about Expo 2020 online - just take a look at #Expo2020 and #Expo2020Dubai and you’ll see a stream of content. Your brand needs to be using these hashtags to increase your exposure and broaden your reach. This ties your brand in with the event, helping to create a digital footprint. Be sure to use the relevant hashtags in your posts actively, but be sure to also interact with relevant posts by others in a more indirect way too.
Use the platforms to showcase your Expo 2020 stand
Consider the social media channels you use and strategies on the best ways to showcase your brand’s participation using a mix of multimedia content. For example, use Instagram to share the visual and aesthetic elements, while Twitter is great for textual content, Clubhouse with audio and TikTok for video. Creating a mix of content will help to promote your brand in a relevant and engaging way.
Consider the ways you’re attracting your audience and consider the best ways to supplement the content you’re sharing. One example is hosting a contest or incentive for people who visit your stand. When you do this, you’re not only creating excitement around your brand and increasing foot traffic to your stand, but you’re also creating a valuable opportunity to generate leads.
Plan for post-event coverage
Once the Expo 2020 wraps up, consider the kind of content you can create - for instance, having a highlight reel. Social media is a great tool to continually engage with your newly found audiences and leads, so be sure to have a nurturing strategy as part of your post-event content strategy.
Social Media Agency for Events (Like Expo 2020)
Being part of Expo 2020 is a major feat. To make the most of this incredible opportunity, you’ve got to use social media marketing as a core element of your digital marketing. With these top strategies in mind, you’ll be able to increase your influence and effect.
What better way to achieve a successful social media marketing strategy than working with an agency?
Nexa has a full range of social media solutions for your business. We can help you strategize and carry out a successful campaign to grow your reach in the MENA region. Book a meeting with us to get started.