Leads are vested potential customers. While there are a number of ways to attract and capture lead information, the method of doing so is crucial. This is because these details are incredibly valuable to a business and when you’re able to manage it properly, you’ll be able to nurture and convert these leads into repeat customers.
A lead generator is a self-explanatory term: it produces/creates leads. This type of technology can be helpful in keeping track of your leads and organizing the information. The thing is, there is no quick fix jackpot to tap into. Your marketers will need to out in the work and utilize a software solution for optimal results.
You could also look at the term lead generator as a marketer who is in charge of generating leads for a business. This role generally requires the filling skills:
- Excellent communication skills: this will help them to reach and engage with audiences effectively.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software: This is the technology that captures lead information and helps to qualify them so that you can apply marketing techniques that meet their needs.
- Leadership: When someone is brought in to specifically handle leads for a business, they are required to organize and manage others to ensure that the goals are met, including salespeople and other marketers.
- Some other key qualities that lead generators have include time management and the ability to problem-solve.
Lead generators have the task of moving the business in a direction of growth and have a lot of responsibility on their shoulders. Their ability to attract audiences and effectively engage with them until they become customers (repeat customer, ideally), is crucial to their success and that is no easy task. If they are able to perform their job effectively, it can result in massive revenue generation for a company, so many businesses are willing to pay top dollar for this.
Their job relies on the ability to bring in high-quality leads - there is no use in racking up people’s details who ultimately won’t make purchases. Their objectives include:
- Increasing leads
- Improving lead quality
- Devising effective lead strategies
- Improving lead data analytics
- Improve lead segmentation
- Increase lead conversions
- Measure and show the link between leads and ROI improvements
This is a role that can be outsourced to an agency, or a marketing specialist a business hire’s in-house. This gives the team direction and ensures that the marketers and salespeople have the time to focus on their roles.
So, how are leads generated?
Some of the best sources for generating leads is:
- Email marketing
- Content marketing (blog)
- Social media (with ads or contests, for example)
- Events (webinars, live events, etc)
- Landing pages on a website (either a static page or interactive elements such as a quiz or assessment - this is more fun for the customer and can help segment your leads since you’ll find out information relating to them more specifically)
The sequence goes: create interesting content to share with your audience that will capture their attention, enough for them to want more by following a call to action that leads them to your lead form. This can happen across various platforms. Essentially, you just want to capture their details and deliver the relevant follow-up content that will move them further along the sales funnel. This is also where lead qualifications and nurturing come into play.
In today’s business markets, leads are essential to sales. Customers are more savvy and conducting more research than ever before. They also consider the values of a business and the kind of relationship they have with a brand - do they feel you have their best interest in mind? Are your solutions effective? That is why steps following leads being generated is so important. Remember, you’ve got to effectively build a relationship with each lead as they’re only one click away from opting out or unsubscribing.
To segment leads effectively, lead scoring is conducted. When you’re using a CRM system, this is done automatically. This refers to the ranking of leads based on their actions and interests. This can be based on the number of times they visit your website, the number of times they click on a CTA or download a resource, starting a free trial, and so on. With this, marketers are able to create relevant content to keep these prospects engaged, while salespeople can work on offering relevant products and services to suit their individual needs.
Work With Lead Generators
Nexa is a growth-focused agency, working with multiple businesses to improve their lead generation. From strategy to lead nurturing and everything in between, we step in to help businesses increase their ROI. We are also diamond-tier HubSpot partners, meaning we have all the know-how on how to utilise this CRM software system to improve all things related to leads. Book a quick call with us and we’ll show you how.