Social media is a part of our daily lives. Social media stretches far and wide, breaks down borders and connects the world. This modern online tool has soared in popularity over the years, allowing us to exchange instant communication, search for information, make friends and even market our businesses.
Today, in order for any business to be successful, it needs to incorporate social media into its marketing strategy. This is because social media platforms allow organizations to hear conversations, nurture relationships and understand the consumer on a more personal level than ever before. But, in order to do all of these things successfully, social media monitoring is required.
Social media monitoring isn't just about tracking brand mentions or replying to comments, it is about understanding what moves your target audience and gives marketers and sales teams greater insight into the entire customer cycle.
As it stands, social media monitoring capabilities are growing and this new technology allows brands to remain competitive, gain insight into their audience and drive the buying process. Below, we take a look at the top social media monitoring capabilities for brands today.
Must-Have Social Media Monitoring Tools and Tactics
Today, brands are constantly evaluated online by their target audience and this is why businesses need to listen to consumers online. By understanding the consumer and their wants and needs, brands are able to create the ideal customer experience, predict trends, and keep a close eye on competitors. This kind of analytical deep dive into social media can be expertly executed with the help of social media monitoring tools and tactics. However, all social media monitoring tools are not created equal, and you will need to find the best option for your brand and budget.
With the above in mind, we will take a look at the 3 most important elements for successful social media monitoring. These are the capabilities you should be adding to your marketing stack to ensure the ultimate social media and brand presence.
1. Capture and Measure Posts and Establish Key Metrics
It is vital that you are able to set brand benchmarks and you need to be able to measure posts, engagement and impressions (this is the minimum). In order to do this successfully you will also need to complete a social media audit on your business in order to establish your key metrics. By tracking and analyzing these metrics, you will identify how your brand performs online and this helps you predict future trends and possible issues down the road. The tools required for this, are tools that allow you to track your social media in real-time which in turn, gives you insight into how your campaigns are working and what needs to be amended or changed completely.
2. Tracking Competitors
Your social media marketing strategy should also be able to track your competitors. An example of this would be tracking 3 of your strongest competitors in the social media space and by monitoring their presence, you are also able to learn how your brand is growing over time.
3. Artificial Intelligence and Real-Time Tracking
AI is a changing the game in social media monitoring and when choosing your stack make sure your AI technology is able to:
- Analyze all conversations across all social media platforms
- Recognize patterns in audience behavior and sentiment
- Analyze demographic data as well as behavioral data including your audiences interested and opinions
- Provide you with trending conversations through sentiment measurement
- Predictive insights into consumer behavior, trends and conversations
Essentially, your social media monitoring stack should provide actionable information about your audience and the conversation about your brand online.
Now that we understand just how far social media monitoring capabilities have gone, let’s take a look at the top social media monitoring tools on the market today.
Top Social Media Monitoring Platforms
- HubSpot: HubSpot allows you to publish to social networks in the same place you build your campaigns, making for a more streamlined process. It also allows your team to monitor any social mentions of your brand and connect with people at the click of a button. With HubSpot, you are also able to view every interaction with your messages and create custom keyword monitoring streams for everyone on your marketing team, ensuring greater understanding of the consumer in real-time. The CRM also provides incredible social reporting allowing you to effortlessly compare the performance of different platforms, campaigns and audience engagement - all of this helps you create a better nuanced social media brand identity.
- NetBase Quid: NetBase Quid provides two ways to assess social media data and takes your competitive intelligence to a new level. Through NetBase Quid you are able to see your topics of conversation and dive into certain themes that are impacting your brand - helping you discover what is working and what needs to be amended.
- Hootsuite: Hootsuite is a well known social media tool and offers advanced social media monitoring software that is able to track activity across most social media networks. Through Hootsuite, you are able to schedule posts across all your platforms and are able to expertly delegate tasks to your marketing and sales teams through the software.
The Wrap Up
Today's consumers are engaging with each other about your brand online and social media monitoring tools will help you keep up with these conversations and get ahead of the narratives. With social media insight you are able to shape the conversation and create a brand that your consumer trusts and celebrates.
With AI and in-depth analytics, social media monitoring is vital to the success of your brand. Do your research when selecting your stack and get monitoring!
Monitor your social media platforms and better your bottom line, with our social media team. Contact Nexa for all your social media, marketing and business growth needs.