Traditional Public Relations (PR) is a marketing tactic that focuses on creating brand awareness for a business while dealing with reputation and crisis management at the same time. Digital PR sets out to do the same however, as the name suggests, this strategy uses online channels to accomplish these goals while traditional PR uses traditional media outlets such as radio and print, in order to do so.
Digital PR agencies work with online journalists, influencers and bloggers, and distribute online press releases and thought leadership articles to well established digital magazines to gain high-quality backlinks, social media shares and mentions, while at the same time improving a business’s search engine rankings.
What has made Digital PR the latest go-to marketing strategy is that it is more cost-effective than traditional PR and promises better results as all PR tactics can be measured and tracked which ensures a greater return on investment.
Before we delve into how much digital PR costs, it is important to note that there are a few elements that make up Digital PR and due to the measuring and reporting capabilities that come with these tactics, this strategy should be viewed as a business asset as opposed to a business spend.
What is Digital PR?
- Content Creation: Your Digital PR team will create high quality, informative and industry specific content that will be published on well established online publications or websites.
- Quality Backlinks: This distributed content will have backlinks that direct the reader back to your business website, helping you gain quality leads while establishing your business as a trusted website.
- Search Engine Optimisation: Through quality content and backlinks, you establish your businesses as a trusted industry leader which in turn helps you rise up the search engine result pages.
- Lead Generation: Digital PR helps you reach your target audience by placing your content on websites that speak to your demographic and buyer persona, ensuring greater lead generation and lead acquisition.
- Greater Customer Service: Through Digital PR tactics you are able to engage with your target audience and learn what they are looking for from your business. This helps you understand your target audience and their needs, which in turn allows you to provide greater customer service and gain greater online reviews.
- Influencer Marketing: By engaging with and working alongside industry influencers, your business will gain mentions and shares on influential social media accounts which leads to greater brand awareness and brand trust.
The above provides a brief outline of the services and benefits that comes with digital PR. Through these tactics, you are able to inform the consumer, prospective clients and stakeholders about your business in an attempt to influence their views of your business.
Content creation, backlinks and distribution is key to digital PR and the prices for these services can vary depending on your industry and online competition. However, the important question to ask yourself is not how much digital PR will cost - but rather what your return on investment will be and what value you will receive from a digital PR agency.
What is the Value of Digital PR
As stated previously, the price of digital PR varies depending on your industry, competitors, preferred publications and target market. There are many variables that come into play, such as the type of campaign you are looking to implement, and what kind of content you would like to distribute - be it blogs, videos, vlogs, podcasts, white papers etc.
The good news is that Digital PR is nowhere near as expensive as traditional PR which makes use of print marketing, pricey editorials, TV commercials and expensive advertising space - all which cannot be measured or tracked with any great deal of accuracy. With Digital PR you will not be paying an extensive amount for digital airtime, rather what you will be investing in a fully rounded digital strategy that improves your communications and online presence - helping you reach your desired target market and convert prospects into quality leads. Traditional PR agencies will usually charge a fat retainer fee with no obligation to gain media coverage, while traditional PR agencies are able to work within your budget, and can scale their services as your business grows.
The key is to work with a digital PR agency that is able to show you your return on investment through monthly reporting and campaign tracking.
A Greater Return on Investment with Digital PR
Your Digital PR agency should work with you to understand your goals and objectives in order to put together benchmarks to help monitor how a campaign is performing. Through digital platforms, your agency should be able to measure and track:
- Campaign Visibility: Through the power of Customer Relationship Management tools and website analytics, your agency is able to track your content, view its reach, view how many times it has been shared on social platforms, see how many users interacted with the content, and how many users linked back to your website through this process.
- Social Media Engagement: Social media platforms offer you insight into the success of a post or campaign as these channels are able to trace a post's coverage by keeping track of social shares, favourites, comments, and more.
- Lead Generation and Lead Conversion: Digital PR agencies are able to track how a user came to your website, what they did on your website, and if they took action. Essentially, digital marketing tactics makes it easy to ascertain which PR link resulted in leads or sales.
- Target Market Response: A digital PR agency will know which online publication is ideal for your customer base and they will implement strategies to gain market share with your target audience. Thanks to new technologies such as Customer Relationship Management and Marketing Automation software, you digital PR agency is able to hone in on quality leads and create campaigns for certain segments of your audience - ensuring the right message, reaches the right person, at the right time - through the right channel - be that a specific online magazine or influencer blog post.
So, How Much Does Digital PR Cost?
The absolute best thing about Digital PR is that it can cost as little as $500 per month to get started and what you receive for that is fully tracked and often in the form of a published 3rd party article.
Digital PR agencies should be able to provide you with insight into all of the above, and through this, you will be able to see your return on investment for your business compared to the price. When looking for a digital PR agency, make sure to understand what they are offering, the packages they provide, and determine which agency is best for your business objectives.
Nexa provides quality digital PR services to suit your business objectives - we will work with you to create a strategy to promote your business, gain a wider reach and get tangible, measurable results. We view digital PR as a business asset - and we want you to experience the growth that comes with such a powerful strategy.
Contact Nexa today, or fill in the form below and begin your digital PR journey.