Question: On a scale of 1 to 10, how well does your website perform for your business?
That's often a tough question to answer and often comes down to 2 main reasons:
(1) How do you define good performance?
(2) Most website owners do not set any key performance indicators related to their website
This is quite a common theme when we speak to business owners who don't fully understand the opportunities that are available through having a effective and well created website.
How do you turn a website into a lead generating machine for your business?
Follow the 5 tips below to help you maximise the opportunities available from your website:
- Make sure your website works on all devices. Today, there are more websites visited from mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets, so it's vital that your website works perfectly on all of these devices. Also note, that since April 2015, Google has started to penalise websites that are not optimised for mobile devices.
- Is your navigation clear and easy to understand? It's important that your website visitors can easily understand how your website works both in terms of structure and different call-to-actions. The easier it is to use your website, the easier it is for new customers to contact you.
- How good is your content? It's important that the content on your website is up-to-date and easy to understand. Potential customers will recognise out of date content and may be deterred from speaking to your company.
- How easy is it for site visitors to contact you? Believe it or not, we come across many websites where simple call to actions such as phone numbers or enquiry forms have not been included! Make these types of call to actions extremely visible so that those website visitors that want to contact you, can.
- Drive qualified traffic to your website. Once you have a website is ready to convert visitors into leads, you need to drive as much targeted traffic to your website as possible. By targeted, we mean those people that you can define as potential customers. In today's digital age, there are numerous ways of achieving this. From Social Media to Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising on Google, Content Marketing to SEO there is a formula that can be applied to every business.
There are businesses all over the world that rely solely on their website to help drive their growth. If your business isn't taking advantage of this, then speak to your marketing team or a digital consultant today - don't miss out any longer! If you'd like to outsource this to us at Nexa, get in touch with us and watch your leads grow.
In the meantime, download our Free E-Book on the 25 Website Must Haves: