Sales Leads typically originate from people who become customers and ambassadors of your brand, and this is the lifeblood of any business.
Marketers rely on several channels to drive lead generation, from social media to email campaigns, but how do you get the most out of these campaigns? How do you make sure that your lead generation campaigns are consistently delivering the best possible results.
HubSpot found that you can generate 54% more leads through inbound tactics than by traditional paid marketing. And to do this, you need to invest time in content creation.
Once you understand the importance of quality content, you will be able to grow your leads and get the most out of your lead generation campaign
Tips for getting the most out of your campaigns
1. Homepage/ Landing Page and the Technical Quality of your Website
Your website homepage will inevitably receive the most page visits, especially when it comes to the lead generation campaigns that you launch. If your lead generation campaign actively promotes your website or a specific landing page, you will be getting visitors from referring sites such as social media platforms and search engines. To keep your viewer on your page and convert them into warm leads, you need to deliver quality content and prompt them to action.
You need to drive your audience to your landing page through a lead magnet. This is an incentive that marketers offer to potential buyers, in exchange for their email address or contact information. This can include offering e-books or e-guides that can be downloaded for free, once contact information has been filled out. The lead magnet can be promoted via social media, or email, and is what prompts a potential client to click through to your landing page.
You are directing traffic to your site, and you need to make sure that the viewer receives the information they are looking for when they land on your page. By providing them with helpful, insightful and meaningful information, you build trust.
Call to Action
Your content needs to keep the viewer on the page and your Call to Action needs to direct their journey on your site. With this in mind, it is important to always have a strong Call to Action on your landing page. Your call to action needs to prompt the viewer to take a specific action, whether it be filling out a form, contacting you via email, or calling your office.
Many actions are possible when it comes to creating a successful lead generation CTA.
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- A registration form
- Free trial
- Purchase a product/service
- Ask for a quote
A call to action must be viewed as one of the most important parts of your leads campaign journey.
Take a look at some expert tips for optimising your Call to Action, here.
2. Lead Nurturing
Educating and engaging with prospective clients is an important part of sales lead generation marketing. As per above, online channels such as search engines and social media platforms make it a lot easier to direct prospective clients to your website,
Marketing strategies such as providing prospective clients with quality and informative content are useful in the early stages of of the leads funnel. This kind of content builds awareness and develops a sense of trust. It is through content marketing that you call a prospect to action, as per above. But after they have taken the specific action, it is imperative that lead nurturing begins.
Lead nurturing refers to the process of developing relationships with potential buyers. It focuses on communication efforts such as email campaigns, listening to the needs of prospects, and providing the information and answers they require. Once you have collected a prospects information through lead forms, email communication or inquiries, you need to begin educating and engaging with these prospects to increase your conversion rates, which increases the value per customer, and shortens the sales cycle.
Steps to take in order to nurture your leads successfully:
- Exchange: A relationship with a potential clients begins with an online exchange of information. That is: when a potential clients provides you with their contact information. In exchange for this information you need to offer your prospects something that they would consider valuable. This may translate into an informative blog, e-book, webinar or free consultation. This is simply an opt-in or call to action (as per above). Once your prospect has provided you with their contact information you have the opportunity to nurture your relationship with this prospect.
- Nurture: Sending an email after a prospect provides you with their contact information is vital. But it is important to continue this communication. Many businesses make the mistake of only sending one email, but this may result in the loss of a sale. So, how do you continue the conversation? You need to automate your email campaigns to nurture these relationships.
- Email Automation: You need to make sure that your communication continues and this is why an email automation tool is important. HubSpot offers email automation that helps in your lead nurturing process. This tool will allow you to keep in contact with your prospects consistently. Even if your prospect is not interested in purchasing your service or product immediately, if you nurture them with valuable information that can help them and offers solutions, you will stay front of mind when it comes to your particular offerings. They will view your business as an industry leader and turn to you when they do require your services.
3. Data Analysis and Campaign Optimisation
You need to optimise and track your lead generation campaign to ensure the best possible outcome.
Here, we take a look at a few ways to optimise and track your campaign.
- Add forms on the pages with the most traffic
You need to benchmark your current lead generation state before you begin. With current statistics you will be able to track your success and determine which areas require the most attention. Some of the pages on your website that you hardly pay attention to, may make excellent lead generator pages.
Begin by conducting an audit of your website to find out where most of your traffic comes from. Your website traffic could be coming from email marketing, social media, live chat, blog posts or search engines. Once you know where your leads are coming from, you need to make sure that the pages they land on are designed to nurture their interests.
For example, through HubSpots analytics tool, you can discover where your leads are coming from and what pages they are visiting. On your most visited pages, add forms so that visitors can fill in their contact information, and you can leverage off of this for lead nurturing, and email campaigns.
- Measure performance
Measure the performance of all of your lead generator touch-points, this includes your landing pages and CTA’s. This information will provide you with feedback that can be used to improve your existing campaign and content.
You can also run internal reports that evaluate your landing page visits, CTA click-throughs, and "thank you" pages. These reports will determine what offers and content are performing well, and you can tailor the weaker touch-points to match the successful pages.
- Optimise and analyse every step of the process
As soon as a visitor lands on your website, you are able to view their conversion path. This refers to the path that a visitor takes when they visit your site, and you want this path to end with them filling out your lead generation form.
A visitors path may not end with filling in the form, and because you have the ability to see where they dropped off on your page, you have insight into what you can do to optimise the conversion path and prompt them to act on your desired goal.
As a business, you need to always be chasing the bottom line. To boost your Return on Investment, you need to continue to generate new leads. To get the most out of your lead generation campaign, you need to make use of quality content, lead nurturing campaigns.
Does your business need a regular flow of qualified sales leads? If so, we can help. Nexa has been generating highly qualified sales leads for businesses of all types for over 15 years.